Click here to download the application.
RESIDENT QUALIFYING CRITERIA
We are delighted that you are interested in living at our apartment community. In order to help you make your decision, we have listed below the criteria for qualifying as one of our residents.
- A separate rental application must be completed, dated and signed by each applicant, any co-applicants, and any occupant over the age of 18. Spouses may complete one application.
- All applicants and occupants must be 18 years of age if not living with a legal guardian or parent.
- The rental application will be reviewed at the time of submission to ensure that we have all the information needed to determine eligibility.
- Each applicant must provide government photo identification.
- Applicants may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a guarantor. The lease must be guaranteed only by a parent or legal guardian.
- If applicant’s family will be occupying the dwelling, the family size must be appropriate for the available apartment. Children younger than eighteen months are not considered occupants in determining this factor of eligibility.
- Rental and employment history must be verifiable. The total monthly income of all applicants must be at least 2.5 times the monthly rent.
APPLICANTS MAY BE DENIED OCCUPANCY FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Falsification of or an incomplete application.
- Insufficient income.
- A felony or criminal conviction and/or deferred adjudication within the past seven years, history of violent or sexual crimes or potential harm to persons or property. Any arrest for possession, manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance as defined by the Louisiana Health and Safety Code, Louisiana Penal Code and the Louisiana Criminal Code of Procedure. Any of the aforementioned crimes, whether they were committed by the applicant or any other occupants (including children) who plan to live in the unit, will be cause for denial.
- Poor credit history of any applicant. *Credit reports are obtained and 65% of the accounts must be in good standing.
- IF THERE IS POOR CREDIT HISTORY OR NO CREDIT HISTORY, AN ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Poor Rental profile of any applicant such as:
- Non-payment of rent or frequent late rent
- Failing to fulfill Lease Agreement
- Poor housekeeping
- Poor supervision of children
- Unruly or destructive behavior by applicant or applicant’s guest
- Violence to persons or property by applicant, applicant’s children or applicant’s guests
IT IS THE POLICY OF MEADOWBROOK APARTMENT HOMES TO TREAT ALL CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE RESIDENTS IN A FAIR AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, HANDICAP, FAMILIAL STATUS OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.
One Bedroom – Maximum of Two Persons
One Bedroom Loft – Maximum of Three Persons
Two Bedroom – Maximum of Four Persons
Non U.S. Citizens without a Social Security Number must present one of the following documents issued by USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) for identification to be considered for occupancy:
- Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card, Form I-551
- Employment Authorization Card, Form I-688Q
- Temporary Resident Card, Form I-688
- Employment Authorization Document, Form I-688B or Form I-766
- Reentry Permit, Form 1-327
- Refugee Travel Document, Form 1-571
Additionally, all Non-U.S. citizens must first pay the current rent and the last month's rent, in addition to the required security deposit.