MEADOWBROOK & NORTHSHORE VILLA APARTMENT HOMES COMMUNITY POLICIES
(Addendum to the Lease Agreement)
It is our goal as Management to maintain an outstanding Apartment Community. In order to promote and maintain this Community, and as a condition of residency, the Management has established the following policies. It is requested that everyone cooperate with these policies, as they are essential for the comfort and convenience of all Community Residents.
1. RENTAL PAYMENTS: CASH IS NEVER ACCEPTED. All rents are due on or before the first day of each month. All rents received after the 3rd day of the month will be assessed late fees as follows: $50 on the 4th of the month and $5.00 per day until the balance is paid in full (late fee not to exceed $125). Rent paid after the 3rd of each month must be paid in the form of a money order or cashier’s check.
If an eviction notification is posted, a $100.00 service fee will be charged in addition to the late fees.
Checks returned for any reason will be assessed a $25.00 fee plus a late fee (determined on the date a new payment is received; late fees are assessed at $50.00 on the 4th of the month and $5.00 per day until paid in full).
Rental payments may be mailed to the Rental Office at: 1 Meadows Boulevard, Slidell, LA 70460
delivered in person during office hours of : 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and by appointment only on Saturday.
dropped through the rent drop slot provided at the Rental Office entrance.
If you will be out-of-town during the beginning of the month when rent is due, we suggest that you leave a postdated check with the rental office to avoid the possibility of late fee assessment.
2. SERVICE REQUESTS: All requests for service should be made to the on-site Management at the Rental Office number at 985-649-2663 or provided in person during regular business hours. They will in turn relay the request in writing to Maintenance and repairs will be conducted during normal business hours. Any plumbing leak of a serious nature, frozen water lines, lack of heat in winter, lack of air conditioning in the summer, loss of use of toilet when there is only one facility in the unit, refrigerator or electrical failure should be considered as emergencies, in which case Management should be notified immediately. Any expense incurred by Management as a result of mistreatment of the apartment or common areas will, insofar as necessary, be assessed against the resident responsible. If for any reason it should be necessary to call FIRE, RESCUE or POLICE assistance, please call the emergency service directly rather than the Rental Office for help. Notify Management immediately after calling the Police, Fire Department, etc.
The following phone number(s) may be used by Residents in case of emergency: 911 & 985-707-7708.
3. KEYS AND LOCKS: Alterations or replacement of locks/keys or installation bolts, door knockers, peepholes or other attachments on the interior or exterior of any door must be installed by Maintenance with Management approval and when deemed necessary, charged to the Resident. Management will not admit Residents who have been locked out of their apartment unless it is during regular office hours. Proper identification will be required from the Resident before Management will admit the Resident into the apartment. If Resident has been locked out after business hours, Resident must contact a locksmith for entry. Resident will be responsible for all charges incurred for the use of the locksmith. Resident will be required to show proper identification before the locksmith will allow entry to the apartment.
4. PETS: This Community permits pets. Visiting pets are not permitted at any time. The animal addendum, which is attached to the Lease Agreement fully describes the policies on pets and should be read carefully.
5. MOTORCYCLES: Motorcycles are permitted in this Community. They must be parked in a parking spot as if it were a vehicle with a small board under the kickstand to prevent damage to the concrete. At no time may gasoline-powered vehicles be parked inside a building or apartment, on a patio, next to a building, in an entrance way or on the sidewalks.
6. WATERBEDS: Waterbeds are permitted in this Community. They must be placed in first floor bedrooms only. A copy of your current Renter’s Insurance Policy must be provided to the Rental Office prior to installation of the bed. No waterbeds are allowed in second floor units.
7. DELIVERIES AND PACKAGE ACCEPTANCE: The Rental Office will accept deliveries for you when you are not at home. If the Office does accept deliveries, Management cannot assume any responsibility for the delivery of breakage resulting from the delivery.
Packages will be accepted for you in the event of your absence. If packages are accepted, Management assumes no responsibility for the contents. Because of limited storage space, please pick up your packages from the Rental Office as soon as possible.
8. GUESTS: Guests are welcome at our Community. However, if you would like them to use our facilities, you must be with them at all times. Guests should limit their stay to ten days or less unless prior Management approval has been received. You are responsible for the conduct of your visitors. Please help make their stay more enjoyable by informing them of the Community Policies in advance.
9. RECREATIONAL FACILITIES: We cannot assume responsibility for your safety, that of your family members or that of your guests who use our facilities. The following facilities are made available to the Residents of this Community:
Swimming Pool– Rules are as follows:
1. Hours of operation are from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Sunday – Saturday.
2. No children under the age of 14 unless accompanied by an adult.
3. Each apartment is allowed two guests and must be accompanied by the resident.
4. Residents are responsible for the behavior or their guests.
5. No glassware is permitted in the pool area or common areas.
6. No pets are permitted in the pool area.
7. All personal articles and trash must be removed when leaving the pool area.
8. Radios or other musical instruments should be kept at normal operating volume.
9. NO horseplay, NO diving and NO running are allowed in or near the pool area.
10. Balloons are not allowed in the swimming pool or common area.
11. Pool furniture is not to be removed from inside the fenced area or placed inside of the swimming pool.
12. Life saving equipment is for emergency use only.
13. Key code is not to be given out to anyone unless an occupant of the apartment and/or above 14 years of age.
10. LAUNDRY FACILITY: Unless otherwise indicated, the laundry facility is open to residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
11. RENTER’S INSURANCE: For your protection and peace of mind, we recommend that you purchase a Renter’s Liability and Fire Insurance policy from an insurance company of your choice. It is the responsibility of the Resident to secure Renter’s Insurance for the contents of the apartment. Management will not be made responsible for loss of your personal property by theft, fire, water damage, etc., regardless of the circumstance.
12. DISTURBANCES, NOISES, ETC.: Your apartment is your home, but it is not a house. Please be considerate of your neighbors. Residents are requested to control the volume of stereos, TV’s and musical devices within the apartments to the extent that they do not disturb Residents of other apartments. Noisy or disorderly conduct, annoying or disturbing other Residents, will not be permitted.
13. ENTRANCES, HALLWAYS, AND MECHANICAL ROOMS: In compliance with the State and Local Fire Codes, bicycles, wagons, carts, or any other items are not to be left at the entrances or in the hallways at anytime. Likewise, nothing should be stored in the mechanical rooms that contain the furnace and/or water heaters. Management asks that all Residents give complete cooperation with this regulation. Failure to do so could result in needless damage or personal injury. Please secure permission from the Rental Office prior to posting flyers, notices, etc., in any location.
14. TRASH REMOVAL SERVICE: Trash containers are located at the west-end of the Community. These dumpsters are provided for your convenience. However, do not place trash on the ground if these are full. Simply proceed to the next dumpster to dispose of your trash. Please do not place large articles such as furniture, mattresses, etc., in these areas since the removal service will not handle these items. Boxes should be completely collapsed before disposal.
15. INTERIOR ALTERATIONS: Residents may not make any alterations such as painting, wallpapering, paneling or hanging decorative light fixtures in the interior of their apartment without obtaining written approval from Management. If approval is given, the following general rule will apply: Upon vacating the apartment, the Resident must remove the improvement and restore the apartment to its original condition; or if the outgoing Resident wishes to leave the improvement and Management determines that it is acceptable, the improvement may remain in the apartment and become part of the property. Additions that become part of the property are to become such without compensation to the resident. Alterations not permitted include wallpaper, contact paper, tub adhesive, cork board, mirrored squares and tape to secure wall hangings. Small nails and mollies are acceptable and will be removed upon move-out by Maintenance at no charge unless there is excessive damage to the wall.
Residents with a handicap, who are willing and able to make reasonable modifications to the apartment, at his/her expense to afford him/her full enjoyment of the apartment, may do so. In such cases, Resident must agree to restore the interior of the apartment to the condition that existed before any modifications, reasonable wear and tear excepted.
16. EXTERIOR ALTERATIONS: In order to maintain an attractive Community and not disturb the architectural designs that have been created, no alterations to the exterior of the building may be made by Residents. Residents may not install their own outside antenna. Residents may not plant shrubs, flowers or gardens on the Community grounds.
17. PARKING AND VEHICLES: Due to the distribution of the parking space, we request that Residents park only one car near their apartment, and any additional cars should be parked in extra spaces adjacent to or across from the building. Under no circumstances will parking on the grass or in restricted areas be permitted. Unauthorized, abandoned, improperly licensed, and out-of-repair vehicles will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. Non-operating vehicles include those with flat tires, expired license and/or brake tags and any other conditions that render the vehicle in-operable by the State of Louisiana. Vehicles that remain parked without moving for more than seven days will also be towed at vehicle owner’s expense. Commercial vehicles, RV’s, trailers, boats, etc. are not permitted in parking areas of the community. Please limit your speed in the Apartment Community to 5 MPH.
18. CAR WASHING AND REPAIRS: Due to the damage caused to asphalt and landscaping by detergents and cleaning solvents, washing of cars in the Community will not be permitted unless designated by Management in a specific area. We also ask that residents not perform any vehicle repairs such as changing oil or tuning engines on their cars in the Community.
19. SOLICITORS AND SALESMEN: Because we want our Community Residents to enjoy the privacy of their apartment, we ask that any uninvited solicitors or salesmen be reported to the Rental Office immediately. Anyone having approval of Management to sell or solicit within the Community (such as Girl Scouts, Little League, etc.) will be issued a letter of authorization from the Rental Office.
20. WINDOW TREATMENTS: In order to enhance the appearance of your Community, all window treatment must appear white to or remain consistent with the outside of the buildings. Sheets, blankets, aluminum foil, garbage bags, etc. are not to be hung in place of draperies. Management has the right to determine the acceptability of the window treatment.
21. PATIOS AND BALCONIES: Please help us maintain an attractive Community by keeping your patio or balcony neat and free of unsightly clutter. Patio furniture and plants are allowed. However, clothing, bicycles, mops and other items are not permitted. Final determination of any “questionable” displays will be solely at the discretion of Management. Grilling is not allowed on balconies either with charcoal or gas grills, nor is grill storage permitted on second floor balconies, for the sole intent of the pursuit of safety for our Residents, their property and the Community.
22. EQUIPMENT: All apartment equipment, appliances or amenities are to be used for the purpose intended and in accordance with any instructions provided. The equipment in the bathrooms and kitchens shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed. No sweepings, rubbish, rags, disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, tampons, ashes or other obstructive substances shall be thrown therein. Do not place metal, string, grease, coffee grounds, nut shells, glass, olive or fruit pits, corn cobs, paper, wire, bones or non-food in disposal. Resident shall be held responsible for any repairs or damage resulting from the misuse of such equipment and shall reimburse Management for necessary expense incurred in the repair of such equipment. Alteration to these furnishings is strictly prohibited without the written consent of Management. Portable washers or dryers are prohibited.
23. ON-SITE TRANSFERS: Transfers from one apartment to another will only take place once half of the original lease agreement has commenced and the transfer must be approved by Management. There is a transfer fee of $150.00 should Residents want to transfer from one apartment to another during occupancy. The fee is non-refundable, and a new lease must be signed. The vacated apartment will be inspected and your deposit will be transferred. If there are any damages to the vacated apartment beyond normal wear and tear, payment must be made to the rental office before said deposit transfer will take place. An additional security deposit may be required.
24. PERIODIC INSPECTIONS AND PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: Routine inspections of apartments will be conducted by Management to ensure the proper and sanitary use of the apartment units. Inspections of apartment fixtures, appliances, and features will be conducted regularly to ensure that all fixtures, appliances and features are in good working condition. This Community follows a preventive maintenance program. When necessary, apartments will be entered to perform preventive maintenance. During said inspections, management will replace your air conditioning filter to insure proper performance of your heating and cooling unit. Residents will be notified when their apartment will be or has been entered by Management or Maintenance. Prior notice will be given to Residents unless entry is necessary due to an emergency or unless the Resident has requested maintenance service.
25. RESPONDING TO RESIDENT COMPLAINTS: Resident complaints must be issued in writing to the Rental Office. Resident complaints will be responded to promptly. All means possible, without violating the Lease Agreement, Community Policies or Company Policies, will be used to rectify complaints determined to required action or interference on the part of Management.
26. LEASE RENEWAL: At least 30 days prior to the end of your existing lease term, you will be given notification regarding your lease renewal. In accordance with your Lease Agreement, you must provide a written thirty-day (30) notice if you intend to end your Lease Agreement. Said notice must be received at least thirty days in advance of the expiration date of your Lease Agreement. Management reserves the same right to amend or end your Lease Agreement at the expiration date of your initial term, provided that a thirty-day notice is provided.
27. SECURITY: Security is available through your local police department and federal agencies. Our community does not employ security for the premises.
28. OCCUPANCY STANDARDS: Occupancy is restricted to those persons identified on your Lease Agreement. In accordance with local ordinances, the following occupancy standards must be met:
NUMBER OF BEDROOMS
|MAXIMUM OCCUPANTS |
|1 ||2 |
|2 ||4 |
These Community Policies have been incorporated into the Lease Agreement. Failure to abide by these regulations could result in legal action. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to maintain a positive living environment for each and every Resident.